Subject: Re: Driver for Quantis random number generator
To: Yorick Hardy <yhardy@uj.ac.za>
From: Travis H. <travis@subspacefield.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/05/2006 11:11:37
On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 09:57:44AM +0200, Yorick Hardy wrote:
> I adapted the drivers for NetBSD:

Awesome, thanks much, I've been wanting to get one of them.

> Can anyone comment or make suggestions?
> Can or should the driver support rnd(9)?
> Please CC me, I am not currently subscribed to the list.

I have some thoughts on RNG driver design, I'll try to collect
them and post them to interested parties.

Here is my userland driver for another HWRNG:
http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/atom_age/

At this point I'm re-architecting it in multiple pieces.
--
"Cryptography is nothing more than a mathematical framework for
discussing various paranoid delusions." -- Don Alvarez