Subject: Re: Syscall and syscall versioning documentation
To: Pavel Cahyna <>
From: Bill Studenmund <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/23/2006 17:04:31

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 11:16:24PM +0100, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 06:15:37PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> > In article <>,
> > Pavel Cahyna  <> wrote:
> >=20
> > Thanks!
> >=20
> > 1. Why not use ansi prototypes to simplify the formatting?
> I've used Docbook prototypes. If another formatting is desired, it should
> be done by altering the templates.

I think we really need to fix this. What's in the version of the document=
I saw really isn't a prototype:

int execve(	path,	=20
 	argv,	=20
 	envp);	=20
const char * 	path;
char *const  	argv;
char *const  	envp;

Also, there have been a number of discussions regarding how bad K&R
function definitions (or whatever they are called; they aren't prototypes)
are/can be. So PLEASE don't encourage them. :-)

Take care,