Subject: Re: quad dual core dmesg
To: None <>
From: Manuel Bouyer <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/08/2006 23:05:50
On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 04:09:19PM -0500, George Georgalis wrote:
> Thanks for pointing that out. It sounds good. but
> I don't understand how the commit will move into a
> regular tag.
> It's in MAIN now; but I'm reluctant to try it
> until I get local hardware---will it work with an
> otherwise 3-1 tree?

Yes, a current kernel should work with a 3.1 userland

> I presume testing and time is required before it
> gets a netbsd-3-1 or netbsd-3-1-1 tag?  Which
> one? Will that go quickly or is this anticipated
> to take a while? or is this slated for 4-0?

Well, I didn't look at the change in question. Maybe it can be
pulled up to netbsd-3 without too much work; maybe it
requires other intrusive changes. I can have a look; if you can try
a kernel let me know.

> I'm not anticipating any issues other than no DMA
> speed.... is that correct? does that mean ATA/66
> rate?

PIO mode 4 speed (that is, only a few MB/s with high CPU usage)

Manuel Bouyer <>