Subject: Re: MNT_NOSHARE for non-exportable fs [was: Removing tmpfs' experimental status
To: Jason Thorpe <>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/03/2006 19:10:44
On 11/3/06, Jason Thorpe <> wrote:
> On Nov 3, 2006, at 9:16 AM, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> > I like this.  (I'm not sure we really want to prevent people from
> > exporting tmpfs if they really want to, but that's a different thing.)
> Please give me a chance to review it before it is checked in.  I will
> look at it tonight.

Sure... I wasn't giving approval.

Also... would it be reasonable to let the administrator override that
flag through a mount option (on a per-fs basis)?  This way we'd ensure
the admin is well aware that problems may appear if he finally decides
to export the file system.  (Saying this because I think tmpfs over
nfs works now ;-)

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
The Julipedia -