Subject: Re: magic symlinks: uid keyword translation
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/30/2006 11:17:13
>> maybe if the magic symlinks had a man-page,
> See symlink(7), which is wrong (it talks about a nonexistent mount
> option), but at least it's a start.  magiclinks probably should be a
> mount option rather than a global sysctl.

Shouldn't it actually be per-symlink?  Even with MNT_SYMPERM turned on,
the sticky bit on a symlink means nothing (nor can I think what it
reasonably *could* mean, unlike the set-id and write bits); perhaps
that could be a suitable "handle magic-links for this link" bit.  (No,
I don't think it should depend on MNT_SYMPERM to work.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign