Subject: Re: magic symlinks: uid keyword translation
To: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/30/2006 15:20:33
--nktOf83SvqltY3iw

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 03:54:18PM +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, Elad Efrat wrote:
> > maybe if the magic symlinks had a man-page,
>=20
> See symlink(7), which is wrong (it talks about a nonexistent mount
> option), but at least it's a start.  magiclinks probably should be a
> mount option rather than a global sysctl.

It _used_ to be a per-fs mount option.  It was changed to a global knob,
apparently without a documentation update.  chs mentions a discussion on
tech-kern, but without proper reference I'm not sure where exactly the
decision was made.

--=20
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

--nktOf83SvqltY3iw

--nktOf83SvqltY3iw--