Subject: Re: Removig generic optstr_get
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/25/2006 14:46:11
On Oct 25, 2006, at 1:41 PM, matthew green wrote:

> all that information is easily given on the linux kernel command line.
> that's where i don't want to be hand-typing plists.

I don't think anyone's asking you to type plists.  I think the
argument being made here is that the boot loader ought to convert the
arguments from whatever format it finds convenient INTO a plist that
is then handed off to the kernel.  This would be a nice way to handle
e.g. the bootinfo stuff that many ports currently have.

-- thorpej