Subject: Re: inconsistency in MD mmmmap() implementations?
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/25/2006 14:15:35
YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:

> there is nothing wrong to be inconsistent between ports if they have
> different memory layouts.
> eg. "atop(off) >= physmem" can make sense if its memory is
> contiguously mapped from physical address 0.
> (well, maybe the "suser" part should be consistent.  but it isn't
> what you are asking, right?)

I'm interested in both knowing if these are not wrong (like you say,
amd64 is wrong, maybe others are too?) and I also want to use kauth(9)
there. So before I'm writing the code I'm verifying that the current
behavior is correct.

> whether each versions are correct or not is a different question. :-)
> at least amd64 version seems wrong.  it should be basically the same as i386.

Do you want to fix it? or should we wait for the amd64 port-master?

-e.

--
Elad Efrat