Subject: Removig generic optstr_get
To: None <>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/24/2006 14:46:18

[ please CC me any replies ]

When the Multiboot code was added, I also added a generic function
(optstr_get) used to parse "option strings" of the form: "a=b c=d ...
x=y"  The idea was to later use this interface in other places such as
the mount options passed during a mount(2).

Since then, proplib was added which completely replaces this idea with
a more powerful framework (not to mention that the optstr_get
interface was probably suboptimal).  Therefore I'd like to do some
- Remove kern/subr_optstr.c and related manual pages and headers.
- Move optstr_get into arch/i386/i386/multiboot.c and make it static,
  as this is the only place where this functionality is used.  (And I guess
  it shouldn't be used anywhere else thanks to proplib.)

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
The Julipedia -