Subject: Re: Removing tmpfs' experimental status
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/23/2006 21:20:41
On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 12:43:55PM +0200, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> But do we really need to specify that a given file system cannot be
> exported?  I mean, is the lack of NFS exportability for a given file
> system a bug?

Not a bug but it means that fileassoc will not work on that
filesystem.  Really, generating a fh is not that hard, it just has to
be something that can uniquely identify the file on the file system.
At a guess, in your case, it could be the address of the file node in
memory... it really does not matter as long as it's unique :)

--
Brett Lymn