Subject: Re: Removing tmpfs' experimental status
To: Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/22/2006 14:03:15
On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 06:17:57PM +0200, Elad Efrat wrote:
> Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> >> Are you going to disable MFS by default too?
> >
> > No.
>
> Why not? I thought we don't want bloat in our kernel?

Perhaps because breaking users' existing systems when they install a
new GENERIC kernel is not such a hot idea?  The principle of least
astonishment would at seem to suggest that if we're going to remove a
widely used feature (one whose use is embedded in people's system
configuration files) like that, we should at least give one release
worth of warning.

Thor