Subject: Re: Removing tmpfs' experimental status
To: Elad Efrat <elad@netbsd.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/22/2006 18:14:44
On 10/22/06, Elad Efrat <elad@netbsd.org> wrote:
> Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
>
> > - Enable TMPFS by default on all GENERIC kernels.
>
> Are you going to disable MFS by default too?

No.

> > - Disable the tmpfs_vfstofh and tmpfs_fhtovfs vfsops so that tmpfs
> >  does not support exporting.  (I'm making them optional through a
> >  TMPFS_ENABLE_NFS macro so that people interested in fixing it can
> >  quickly enable the missing bits.  Of course the macro will go away
> >  when things work as expected.)
>
> Please don't do that.

Why not?  It's just the same as an "#ifdef notyet" but with a more
meaningful name.  That macro will NOT go into any kernel
configuration, and it shouldn't be set there.  People interested in
fixing this stuff should '#define TMPFS_ENABLE_NFS' explicitly in the
.c file.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/