Subject: Re: mp->mnt_vnodelist change
To: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/20/2006 13:28:04
--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

Dear Simon,

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 11:38:28AM +1000, Simon Burge wrote:
> In retrospect with the following suggestions, it would have been easier
> to say "try to use TAILQ_FOREACH every time you see a for loop, rather
> than list them all out...

sure! but i didn't to break too much in one go :-) so i decided first to go
for the safe option :)

A few routines have a check to see if the `next' has been changed and
reloop, what to do with those i dont know yet.

> and here?  I looks like the "vp = nvp;" for each case is the same
> as just saying "vp = vp->v_mntvnodes ....".
>
> As they stand, wouldn't those changes above need to change the
>
> 	nvp = vp->v_mntvnodes.le_next;
>
> line to
>
> 	nvp = TAILQ_NEXT(vp->v_mntvnodes)

those should all be fixed :) or it wouldn't compile ;) i'll double check
though!

Thanks for the feedback,
Reinoud

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s