Subject: Re: mp->mnt_vnodelist change
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/19/2006 19:59:04
--2+jOUFLb7N+7fooZ

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 03:54:06PM -0700, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> I would LOVE to handle lots of metadata updates in parallel. Obviously=20
> each individual node would see a sequence of updates, but as many of the=
=20
> sequence steps would be outstanding at once. I'm not sure how to do this=
=20
> though as each of these updates requires a thread context, and such a=20
> context can only handle one at a time.

The programmatic context is wildly different, but we do have *a* way
of answering that sort of question in rcorder(8). The model's
obviously not practical without introducting another layer of
indirection, but I'm not sure there's a way to intelligently sequence
write operations without adding a layer of indirection.

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

--2+jOUFLb7N+7fooZ