Subject: Re: improving kqueue
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Mondor <mm_lists@pulsar-zone.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/15/2006 00:44:08
On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:19:51 -0700
Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org> wrote:

> > [...]
> > > No, let's do something like what I mention. The difference is that all
> > > vnodes that are being watched have notes indicating that they are being
> > > watched. If a vnode has no "being watched" indication, it's not being
> > > watched. :-)
> > [...]
> > > Let's copy what SVR4 did, with some modernizations.
> >
> > Would this book be "The Design of the UNIX Operating System" from Bach?
>
> I believe that book is what I have in mind. :-)

BTW, I admit I didn't yet take a look at fileassoc(9) internals (not
running -current), but would it currently be ideal to store the
per-vnode data we were talking about?

Thanks,
Matt

--
Note: Please only reply on the list, other mail is blocked by default.
Private messages from your address can be allowed by first asking.