Subject: Re: device attachement detection from userland
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Jachym Holecek <freza@dspfpga.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/15/2006 02:49:10
# Emmanuel Dreyfus 2006-10-14:
> Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org> wrote:
>
> > There's devmon made by a NetBSD developer:
> > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2005/02/05/0007.html
> > We are all waiting to have devmon in src for long time without any
> > progress yet.
>
> It looks like most of the work is done. Is there any reason why it has
> not been checked in?

IIRC Jason objected.

> Jachym, do you need some help on this? Shall I just
> go ahead and commit your code?

I think with current state of autoconf(9) the code is fairly OK. We'd
need to move relevant members of <foo>_attach_args to locators and maybe
replace cf_loc with property lists to get somewhat better.

So, I'd wait for Jason to comment on this as I don't exactly recall his
concerns.

	-- Jachym