Subject: Re: device attachement detection from userland
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <>
From: Jachym Holecek <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/15/2006 02:49:10
# Emmanuel Dreyfus 2006-10-14:
> Juan RP <> wrote:
> > There's devmon made by a NetBSD developer:
> >
> > We are all waiting to have devmon in src for long time without any
> > progress yet.
> It looks like most of the work is done. Is there any reason why it has
> not been checked in?

IIRC Jason objected.

> Jachym, do you need some help on this? Shall I just
> go ahead and commit your code?

I think with current state of autoconf(9) the code is fairly OK. We'd
need to move relevant members of <foo>_attach_args to locators and maybe
replace cf_loc with property lists to get somewhat better.

So, I'd wait for Jason to comment on this as I don't exactly recall his

	-- Jachym