Subject: Re: root configuration with multiple root-enabled RAID sets
To: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/12/2006 09:48:32
--KjG/elEj40fDqMBW

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 03:01:41PM -0600, Greg Oster wrote:
> I need to think about this a bit more... the idea with "raidctl -A=20
> root" was that there would only ever be *one* RAID set configured=20
> that way, per machine.=20

The typical situation where you wind up here is when plugging the raid
set of a failed machine into a working machine, to get access to the
data.  So as much as its an odd situation and warrants at least a
warning and probably user interaction, we need to handle it well.

--
Dan.

--KjG/elEj40fDqMBW

--KjG/elEj40fDqMBW--