Subject: Re: Broadcom support
To: Brian Rose <lists@brianrose.net>
From: Pierrick Brossin <pierrick@bs-network.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/04/2006 08:37:32
On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 06:34:00PM -0400, Brian Rose wrote:
> I am looking for a card that is natively supported and has an external
> antenna jack. I would like it natively supported to make it easy, and
> the external jack is needed because we are feeding the signal into a
> power amplifier for long range transmission.

What you can do is read the man pages of each wifi driver.
There's almost always a list of supported chipset and devices. This can
be a bit out of date.

About the antenna it depends what type of card you want. I don't
remember if you said it earlier. PCI wont be much trouble to have an
external jack. PCMCIA ... make sure before buying :)

Hopes this helps a bit!

-Pierrick Brossin