Subject: Re: kauth creds to/from uucred
To: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/02/2006 20:52:29
--l76fUT7nc3MelDdI

On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 09:18:58PM +0300, Antti Kantee wrote:
> Does anyone object violently to renaming kauth_cred_uucvt()
> kauth_cred_from_uucred().
>=20
> rationale: I need a reverse function for userspace file systems, and
> picking the name for it is problematic currently.
>=20
> p.s. no objection from Elad ;)
>=20

Keeping the API as close to Darwin as possible is a Good Thing
for some applications, such as the Arla AFS client, which
currently shares much kernel-module code for Darwin and NetBSD.

I for one think that further divergence would be a hassle to
work around as I try to keep Arla working enough for my needs
on NetBSD.

	Jonathan Kollasch

--l76fUT7nc3MelDdI

--l76fUT7nc3MelDdI--