Subject: Re: SysV SHM locking and reallocating support
To: None <>
From: Mindaugas <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/26/2006 03:27:59 (YAMAMOTO Takashi) wrote:
> if they are supposed to lock backing store (ie. aobj) even when
> there is no mappings, uvm_map_pageable is not appropriate.
I am not sure, but according to Solaris source they maps a memory if
she is not already mapped. At shmem_lock():
Am I wrong? Wouldn't uvm_map_pageable() be fine in this case?

> what you need is something like getpages -> pagewire -> dropswap.
Sorry, for my poor knowlege of UVM, but can you explain more how to do
this? At least I understand it should be something like:

loop for each page {
	uvmpd_dropswap(pg) or uao_dropswap(uobj, page_index)?

P.S. Any comments on updated patch?

Best regards,