Subject: Re: RFC: Powerhook debugging
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/21/2006 18:29:10
--nYySOmuH/HDX6pKp

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 08:47:15PM -0300, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> Heyas folks --
>=20
> After upgrading my Vaio from 3.99.21 to 4.99.2, I noticed that it can =20
> no longer survive an S3 suspend.
>=20
> I wanted a way to debug powerhooks, but this required modifying the =20
> powerhook_establish signature to add a "name" argument. Is the =20
> attached diff OK to commit?

Why not just require that the powerhook parameter be a device pointer? It=
=20
is in all cases that I can see, other than acpi_pci_link_init().

I'm not saying you must, but if you reqire things to be a device, you just=
=20
print the device name in it, and you save a parameter.

Take care,

Bill

--nYySOmuH/HDX6pKp

--nYySOmuH/HDX6pKp--