Subject: USB ECHI fix for Dell PE DRAC5 Kbd
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <bseklecki@collaborativefusion.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/20/2006 11:03:38
All:

FBSD patch to src/sys/dev/usb/ehci.c r1.42 corrects a bug in the
"control transfer data stage toggle" that directly affects the
functionality of the DRAC5 virtual USB keyboard device.

Now the original commit message doesn't actually suggest anything about
correcting the behavior of any particular piece of hardware, so It may
have been a coincidence, however I've CC'd the relevant parties to get
their feedback?

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/usb/ehci.c.diff?r1=1.41&r2=1.42&f=h

It appears that a similar bug was patched into OpenBSD -current 3 months
later in May.  That would have been about the time the 9th generation
PowerEdge 1950/2950s hit the market with DRAC5 installed.

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/dev/usb/ehci.c

However NetBSD has yet to commit an equivalent (that I can tell).

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/usb/ehci.c

Probably because there doesn't seem to be a big Dell PowerEdge following
on the NetBSD side.  Shall I send-pr(1).  Does anyone on the NetBSD side
have access to a 1950/2950?  I can provide temporary access in a DMZ if
necessary.  I can also test -current experimental code using the lovely
PXE boot feature.

--
Brian A. Seklecki <bseklecki@collaborativefusion.com>
Collaborative Fusion, Inc.