Subject: Updating ahc and ahd device drivers needed (PCI expert)
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/18/2006 20:59:24
--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

Dear folks,

NetBSD's ahc and ahd device drivers (src/sys/dev/pci/ah[cd]_pci.c and
src/sys/dev/ic/aic7*) need an update. It is ported from FreeBSD and that
driver is now quite a lot further with heaps of bugfixes.

I've tried to do it myself but my knowledge of PCI stuff is not adequate
enough. Most of the patches is not PCI related but it gets confusing. Maybe
patching in stages i.e. not such a big step in one go would be handy.

I dont think its nessisary to have the decice at home but Tracy has
volunteerded (;)) to test out the patches.

Volunteers? thanks in advance,
Reinoud

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE--