Subject: Re: How to get the firmware node into the device properties early?
To: der Mouse <mouse@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/13/2006 08:52:57
On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 10:29:52PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> Depending on why you want this, this may not matter, but...it may not
> have one.

Sorry, should have mentionened this: this is just to identify the boot device,
so anything not present in the OF tree doesn't matter to me.

If there is no magic trick, I'll go with code like I sketched (which works,
mostly due to the set of potential boot devices being limited, but
unfortunately does not automatically scale to newer machines), but I thought
I'd better ask wether I overlooked something to solve it more elegant.

Martin