Subject: Re: per page verified exec
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/11/2006 22:00:23
On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 08:53:37PM +0900, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:

> are you talking about this comment?
> 		>	PGO_LOCKED: fault data structures are locked

No, this one which is in the function arguments...

    struct vm_page **pps /* IN/OUT */,
    int *npagesp /* IN (OUT if PGO_LOCKED)*/,

hmmm but that could be interpreted to mean something else.

Still, I am puzzled by your concern - if all is well then the per page
checking does not change anything.  If the pages mismatch then, I
think, I follow the same process as the genfs code when the page in
fails.

> do you mean when called by uvn_get?

Yes - the panic occurs when the page verify is called by uvn_get(), it
tries to look to see if a veriexec entry exists when the kernel tries
to fork init.

--
Brett Lymn