Subject: Re: kauth testsuite written in python (Re: CVS commit: src)
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/09/2006 10:06:12
Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Sep 8, 2006, at 2:47 PM, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
>
>> i personally see no benefit from keeping them out of our tree.
>
> Agreed -- put them in src/regress, and we can add some Makefile magic to
> run them or not based on Python being installed on the system.

There's more to these tests than just "running" them.

In order to test some code, we had to actually try to modify things
like time, mounted file-systems, etc. I know lots of efforts were put so
that they are least intrusive, but think about trying to test
securelevel 2 implications and then reverting back...

So while I think it's good having them in the tree, I am not sure we
want to automatically run them just if Python is installed. :)

-e.

--
Elad Efrat