Subject: Interrupt/PCI problems
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/08/2006 22:23:39
--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

Dear folks,

i'm having a curious problem with my auixp driver (PCI). Using a clean
sourcetree dated 20060907 it all works fine but when updating the
sourcetree to 20060908 it gets into trouble communicating with its codecs.
The codecs detect fine but it times out all the times when reading in the
function auixp.c:auixp_read_codec(). I noticed christos (?) changed some
PCI reset functions that might be the cause though when i reverse that
patch it still doesn't work anymore so i dont think thats the cause.

Running a GENERIC or a GENERIC.MPACPI doesn't matter and the problem
resolves itself when i disable the auixp driver.

Did something change in the PCI framework that could cause it ? Could any
of you PCI guru's have a look at the driver to see what it does wrong?

With regards,
Reinoud
(auixp author)

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2