Subject: Re: yamt-pdpolicy merge (and where to put test code)
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/08/2006 15:55:04
On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 09:43:09AM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
>   Perhaps these should simply go in a
> subdirectory of the directory the source itself goes in, but not be
> built; we do that with documentation and ancillary tools a few other
> places in our system.

I agree in principle, but assumed this merge would touch various src/sys/*
files and dunno if we ever find the debugtools again if the place to put
them inside the kernel is not obvious. But thinking about it again,
placing them as src/sys/uvm/pdpolicy-debugtools or something similar
sounds not that bad.

> I think that even though we don't have a Haskell environment in our
> system, in this case it is important to check in the test framework
> along with the code.

I agree here too.

Martin