Subject: yamt-pdpolicy merge (and where to put test code)
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: YAMAMOTO Takashi <email@example.com>
Date: 09/08/2006 20:06:46
i'll merge yamt-pdpolicy branch unless anyone objects.
the branch description from doc/BRANCHES:
play with page replacement policy
- separate page replacement policy from the rest of kernel
- implement alternative replacement policy
- related read-ahead adjustment?
unless you enable PDPOLICY_CLOCKPRO option, the changes are not intrusive.
btw, i have some test code for the branch.
i've put some of them at ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/yamt/pdsim/.
- something like !defined(_KERNEL) part of subr_blist.c and
subr_vmem.c. ie. for testing the code in userland.
- implementations of other algorithms. they are for comparison.
- artificial access pattern generator.
some of them are written in C. some others are written in haskell.
a question: where to put them in the tree?
some choices in my mind:
- under a new directory, say, src/debugtools.
wherever it is, i'd like to put them into a single place.
and i don't want to waste much time for them. they are merely test code,