Subject: Re: [Fwd: a proposal for next major (5.x)]
To: None <>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/07/2006 14:18:38
On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 20:04:40 +0200 (MET DST), <> wrote:

> I think it's of benefit of the project to be able to support older
> architectures (obviously as opposed to your opinion).
I can't speak for Garrett.  My opinion is that support for other
architectures is good, but it has a price.  We need to decide how much
we're willing to pay for N+1 platforms instead of N, especially if the
cost of the N+1st is high.

I don't much care if sys/pdp10 exists or not.  I do care if having it
creates cruft that other developers have to maintain or work around.

		--Steven M. Bellovin,