Subject: Re: bug in filehandle code?
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/07/2006 09:47:12
On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 11:20:16PM +0900, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:

> what are "some filehandle calls"?

I mean the filesystem specific handler functions for the VOP_VPTOFH()
call.

> well, i guess you are confused between fhandle_t and struct fid.
> what VFS_VPTOFH composes is a fid, not a fhandle_t.

Probably but what I have found is that the struct fid returned does
not have the correct amount of storage allocated.  This was causing
kernel panics when believing FHANDLE_SIZE().

> yes, i think it's a good idea to move the FHANDLE_SIZE_MIN constraint to
> each filesystems.

OK - I will look at fixing the filesystems.

--
Brett Lymn