Subject: Re: proposal for changes to todr interface
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/06/2006 12:03:18
Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2006, at 11:57 AM, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
>
>> Perfectly on-topic.  I think that this also strongly argues in favor of
>> a property to handle this, so that the port can do it at device_register
>> time, without making it a compile time option.
>
> Yes, "todr-rtc-offset" seems like a nice property to have.
>
> That said, right now prop_number_t doesn't do negative numbers.  I'm
> planning on making a change to address that soon'ish.
>
> -- thorpej

Well, it would _seem _ that fixing this would be a requirement before we
could switch to using rtc_offset as a property.

But we _could_ use (and this is more of what I meant) a boolean property
to indicate that rtc_offset should be used or not.  (This property could
then be reflected in the todr_flags I proposed earlier.)

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191