Subject: Re: proposal for changes to todr interface
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/06/2006 09:06:38
Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> garrett_damore@tadpole.com wrote:
>

>>     * add todr_flags
>>
>>         primarily I want to add a new flag, TODR_USE_LOCALTIME, that
>>         indicates that the clock chip stores time in the local timezone,
>>         rather than using a GMT offset.  essentially, this will allow
>>         the common code to apply the rtc_offset adjustments on behalf of
>>         the rtc chip.
>>

> Do you mean that MI drivers will adjust clock as per rtc_offset
> if TODR_USE_LOCALTIME is set?

I mean that the routines in kern_todr.c will pass an "adjusted" time
(using the rtc_offset) to the driver, and apply the rtc_offset from the
driver as well.   This means that if drivers that need an rtc_offset
adjustment, they will get it without ever actually being aware of the
rtc_offset variable.

    -- Garrett

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/