Subject: Re: Please audit pool use in your code!
To: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/04/2006 22:20:46
On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 09:45:14PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:

> 	The other other thing the amd64 boxes may be doing which
> 	the i386 are not is interleaving memory, and on at least
> 	one of them I had to turn that off based on memtester
> 	reporting occasional errors with it enabled. Of course for
> 	some of the production boxes I've been pigheaded enough to
> 	get ECC memory for them (which disables interleaving on
> 	the asus A8V-Deluxe motherboard), but unfortunately not
> 	all.

That does not sound quite right to me.  Are you talking about node or
about bank interleaving?  There is an erratum for most Opterons that
requires that node interleaving be turned off if background ECC
scrubbing is turned on, but not bank interleaving.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart