Subject: Re: HEADS UP! New generic TODR support committed
To: Izumi Tsutsui <>
From: Garrett D'Amore <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/03/2006 09:16:13
Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> wrote:
>> To use the MI code, simply remove your own implementations of
>> todr_attach, inittodr, and resettodr, and define __HAVE_GENERIC_TODR in
>> machine/types.h.
> Isn't it better to move "file kern/kern_todr.c" definition from
> MI sys/conf/files to MD sys/arch/${MACHINE}/conf/files.${MACHINE}
> until all ports switch, rather than wrapping whole of the code with
> (though it may be okay if __HAVE_GENERIC_TODR might be required
>  to enable or disable part of some other code)

We had this debate already.  Its an aesthetic detail, but putting it in
the ports files.${MACHINE} is more work (because, for example, some
ports have multiple of these -- e.g. evbmips has three -- files.malta,
files.atheros, and files.alchemy.  Plus, eventually I hope to remove
this whole test and just make it automatic.

>>> 			base = 21*SECYR + 186*SECDAY + SECDAY/2;
> BTW, shouldn't this default date be at least "today"?

Yes, it should probably be updated.  I can take a look at that. :-)  I
copied that date from some other code. :-)

> ---
> Izumi Tsutsui

General Dynamics C4 Systems
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191