Subject: HEADS UP! New generic TODR support committed
To: None <>
From: Garrett D'Amore <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/02/2006 13:50:11
In an attempt to move MD specific code to the MI kernel, I have added a
generic implementation of the TODR handling routines to

To use this, you have to be using the todr handling routines instead of
your own RTC code (you should be doing that anyway), c.f. todr_attach,
inittodr, and resettodr.

To use the MI code, simply remove your own implementations of
todr_attach, inittodr, and resettodr, and define __HAVE_GENERIC_TODR in

This code should work both with and without timecounters, though I've
only tested it with timecounters, because I've converted evbmips to it.

If someone has got a port that hasn't adopted timecounters yet and wants
to try it out, please let me know if there are any problems.

General Dynamics C4 Systems
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191