Subject: HEADS UP! New generic TODR support committed
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/02/2006 13:50:11
In an attempt to move MD specific code to the MI kernel, I have added a
generic implementation of the TODR handling routines to
sys/kern/kern_todr.c.

To use this, you have to be using the todr handling routines instead of
your own RTC code (you should be doing that anyway), c.f. todr_attach,
inittodr, and resettodr.

To use the MI code, simply remove your own implementations of
todr_attach, inittodr, and resettodr, and define __HAVE_GENERIC_TODR in
machine/types.h.

This code should work both with and without timecounters, though I've
only tested it with timecounters, because I've converted evbmips to it.

If someone has got a port that hasn't adopted timecounters yet and wants
to try it out, please let me know if there are any problems.

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191