Subject: Re: #ifdef in syscalls.master considered harmful
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: David P. Reese, Jr. <daver@siginfo.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/31/2006 13:02:08
On Aug 31, 2006, at 9:11 AM, Matt Thomas wrote:
> The fallout of my making PTRACE conditional has made me realize that
> #ifdefs in syscalls.master are never the right thing.  They just overly
> complicate the code.  The only downside to no #ifdefs in syscall.master
> is that *sysent.c always has a call to optional syscall.  This can
> be resolved by including a include files which will #define the syscall
> to sys_nosys.  Or the actual syscall could always return ENOSYS.

I agree that the #ifdef mess is the wrong way to fix this in the long
run.  However, the sparc64 GENERIC kernel is still broken.

Could somebody please commit the patch (plus an `#include "opt_ptrace.h"
in sunos32_misc.c) so that the sparc64 GENERIC kernel build works?  The
patch does exactly what was done to fix sunos_misc.c.

--
David P. Reese, Jr.
daver@siginfo.org