Subject: Re: RFC: est.c driver synced with OpenBSD.
To: Simon Burge <>
From: Juan RP <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/31/2006 08:46:19
On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:03:50 +1000
Simon Burge <> wrote:

> and sysctl says:
> = 1000
>   machdep.est.frequency.current = 1000
>   machdep.est.frequency.available = 1833 1000
> It defaulted to 1830 MHz, and I've since changed it 1000 MHz.  The
> lmbench "mhz" program says the frequencies appear to be correct.
Good news, Simon made a patch that will create a fake table with all values
(not only highest and lowest) using an algorithm:

I tried it on my Pentium M 745 1800MHz and it did show 13 frequencies.
The known table for this CPU only has 6 freqs, so I thought the algorithm
wasn't working correctly, but I think it's working fine because openssl
speed seems to ok.

dmesg with this patch:

And tests made with openssl speed:

Could you please test this patch on NetBSD if you have a SpeedStep
capable CPU and report results of all frequencies running openssl speed
(only first three values is enough).