Subject: Re: Use of opt_ headers
To: Pavel Cahyna <pavel@netbsd.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/29/2006 15:45:54
--RANKzUNLbtIjfOSf

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 11:40:39AM +0200, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 10:07:28AM +0100, David Laight wrote:
> > I might also change the defines to be KERNEL_OPT_FOO at the same time.
>=20
> that is, for options FOO, config would #define KERNEL_OPT_FOO?
>=20
> I think that this is not a good idea. Currently you can define an
> arbitrary kernel macro by just adding the "options" line to the config
> file. The proposed change would destroy that feature.

How come?  My reading of David's proposal is that opt_*.h would contain
KERNEL_OPT_FOO definitions.  It doesn't mean the way unrestrictive
options are handled has to be changed.

In any case, I'd rather see that feature disappear, promoting the use of
"makeoptions CPPFLAGS+=3D" instead.

--=20

--RANKzUNLbtIjfOSf

--RANKzUNLbtIjfOSf--