Subject: Re: RFC: est.c driver synced with OpenBSD.
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/29/2006 22:03:50
Juan RP wrote:

> Without knowing the tables will be difficult to support by this driver. AFAIK
> the only way to know is to use ACPI and evaluate _PSS/_PST.
>
> I googled about Core Duo processors but couldn't find anything useful
> for the driver...

With your updated patch from

http://www.xtrarom.org/~juan/new_est_with_faketable.diff

I now see:

  cpu0: Enhanced SpeedStep (1404 mV) cpu0: unknown Enhanced SpeedStep CPU.
  cpu0: using only highest and lowest  power states.
  1833 MHz
  cpu0: Enhanced SpeedStep frequencies available (MHz): 1833 1000

and sysctl says:

  machdep.est.frequency.target = 1000
  machdep.est.frequency.current = 1000
  machdep.est.frequency.available = 1833 1000

It defaulted to 1830 MHz, and I've since changed it 1000 MHz.  The
lmbench "mhz" program says the frequencies appear to be correct.

Cheers,
Simon.