Subject: vidcvideo and videomode (was: Re: CVS commit: src/distrib/sets/lists/man)
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/21/2006 00:03:53
[ moving from source-changes to tech-kern ]

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006, Garrett D'Amore wrote:

> Ben Harris wrote:
> > Add vidcvideo(4).
>
> I meant to take a look at this.  Are you using the dev/ic/videomode
> stuff, out of curiosity?   If not, and if you need to configure video
> timings, you might want to take a look at that -- I intended that stuff
> to represent common code.

I'm using the dev/videomode stuff, which I presume is what you mean
(dev/ic/videomode.h looks like an older version).  I'm currently just
using the static list of modes in videomode.c to pick a mode from at boot.
I'm not sure what the best practice is in this area, but that seemed like
a good start.

> This framework also has support for EDID that
> your code can use if it talks to DDC2 capable monitors.

Sadly, I don't think acorn32 systems have the hardware to support DDC.

--
Ben Harris                                                   <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/acorn26/>