Subject: Re: USB card reader
To: None <>
From: Jan Danielsson <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/19/2006 02:10:27

Jan Danielsson wrote:
> Hello,
>    I have an USB multi-card (SD, CF, etc) reader in my NetBSD/amd64 3.0=

> system. It is behaving oddly, IMHO. When I boot an Ubuntu LiveCD on thi=
> particular system, and insert a SD card into the card reader, it detect=
> the card, and mounts it.
>    When I have NetBSD booted and insert a SD card into the reader, I ge=
> no response from the console (which I kind of expected to get, since it=

> does print some stuff when I insert my USB memory stick), but the
> reader's LED lights up. I tried mounting various Usual Suspects
> (/dev/sd0e, /dev/sd1e, etc), without any luck. Anyway.. What's worse is=

> that I get this:

   Silly me. Turns out I hadn't enabled ehci, since there's a comment
about it not being ready for prime time in the config-file. Once I
enabled it, it seems to be working.

   Concerning that comment.. In what way is it not ready for prime time?

Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson
Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.4 (MingW32)