Subject: Re: USB card reader
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/19/2006 02:10:27
--------------enig072A3EF8935B6C6C87D34469

Jan Danielsson wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
>    I have an USB multi-card (SD, CF, etc) reader in my NetBSD/amd64 3.0=

> system. It is behaving oddly, IMHO. When I boot an Ubuntu LiveCD on thi=
> particular system, and insert a SD card into the card reader, it detect=
> the card, and mounts it.
>=20
>    When I have NetBSD booted and insert a SD card into the reader, I ge=
> no response from the console (which I kind of expected to get, since it=

> does print some stuff when I insert my USB memory stick), but the
> reader's LED lights up. I tried mounting various Usual Suspects
> (/dev/sd0e, /dev/sd1e, etc), without any luck. Anyway.. What's worse is=

> that I get this:
[---]

   Silly me. Turns out I hadn't enabled ehci, since there's a comment
about it not being ready for prime time in the config-file. Once I
enabled it, it seems to be working.

   Concerning that comment.. In what way is it not ready for prime time?

--=20
Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson
Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.