Subject: Re: MS-DOS filesystem mounting woes, and proposed fix
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/08/2006 19:30:40
--=-=-=

Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> writes:

> On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> any objections?
>
> Reading the error messages
>
> +               printf("msdosfs_mountfs: cluster size");
>
> makes me wonder "cluster size _what_?!". Incorrect? Fixed? Broken?

Well, it means that the if that checks cluster size failed.  Yes, you
need to read the kernel source to figure out what this means, but I
wasn't intending to commit the new error messages.

> Also: "msdosfs_mountfs"? how about getprogname() or so? :)

man 9 getprogname fails to explain how this works in the kernel :-)
Or does it actually?

=2D-=20
    Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>

--=-=-=