Subject: Re: a line discipline for key-up/-down events
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pavel@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/06/2006 09:40:55
On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 05:12:36PM -0500, David Young wrote:
> Interesting lead, thanks!  Alas, a quick search reveals no UNIX VTNT
> client but Kermit, which does not deal with key-up/-down events, AFAICT.

When I logged to Windows NT with C-kermit, TERM was set to VT100.
Probably NTVT support is only available in the Win32 version of Kermit.
The Unix version of Kermit does not have any way to detect key-up/down
events, unless it were a X11 application (which it isn't).

Also, http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/telnet80.html says:

"The Microsoft Telnet Service performs its job by taking snapshots of the
console's active virtual window. This means that it is possible for data
to be lost due to scrolling or other screen updates between snapshots."

Maybe it is not that good example to follow...

Pavel