Subject: Re: ugen change for review (try 2)
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/23/2006 23:14:26
On Jul 21, 2006, at 12:27 , Garrett D'Amore wrote:

> IANAL, but my understanding is that "All rights reserved." means that
> any rights _not_ provided for in the license are retained by the
> copyright holder.   Its not uncommon to see this sentence just
> above the
> meat of a BSD license.  TNF does it as well.

So this is not the explanation I've heard.  In all countries that
have signed the international copyright agreement the (c) is enough.
The "All rights reserved." makes no difference.  It used to make a
difference in certain Latin American countries in the past.

But I'm also not a lawyer, so I don't really know. :)

   -- Lennart