Subject: Re: ral driver back port
To: tech-kern <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Ian bell <ianbell@ukfsn.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/23/2006 19:23:41
Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> How are you building current's GENERIC kernel?  Using config(8) manually?
>
> Just don't do that because to build current you need up to date
> utilities that include functionality not present in 3.0.  Use
> something like './build.sh tools kernel=GENERIC' from the current
> sources to build the updated tools as well as the kernel.

I didn't have build.sh so I downloaded and installed all the sources
(except X). ./build -a i386 fails very quickly becuase there is no
/usr/obj directory! Creating this reults in a very long compile but
eventually this error:

**Failed target dependall
**Failed command cd /usr/src/tools/gcc;
/usr/src/tooldir.NetBSD-3.0_STABLE-i386/bin/nbmake reallal
Error code 1
Stop
nbmake stopped in /usr/src/tools/gcc
Failed target: dependall-gcc
Failed to make dependall tools

The source I am using is from:

ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/200607220000Z

Any help appreciated.

ian