Subject: Re: ral driver back port
To: None <ianbell@ukfsn.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/23/2006 13:17:51
On 7/23/06, Ian bell <ianbell@ukfsn.org> wrote:
> I have a Ralink PCI wireless network card that I want touse on an old
> PC (K5-475) running 3.0. The ral driver is not included in the 3 or
> 3.0 kernel sources (both of which I can compile successfully on this
> box). The ral driver is in current but I cannot event get current
> GENERIC to configure let alone compile.

How are you building current's GENERIC kernel?  Using config(8) manually?

Just don't do that because to build current you need up to date
utilities that include functionality not present in 3.0.  Use
something like './build.sh tools kernel=GENERIC' from the current
sources to build the updated tools as well as the kernel.

Cheers,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/