Subject: Re: ugen change for review (try 2)
To: Christos Zoulas <>
From: Greg Troxel <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/20/2006 15:39:11
> In article <>,
> Matt Thomas  <> wrote:
>>Joanne M Mikkelson wrote:
>>> +struct usb_bulk_ra_wb_opt {
>>> +	int	ra_wb_buffer_size;
>>> +	int	ra_wb_request_size;
>>> +};
>>These should be unsigned.
> Aside from that, the changes look fine. Is there a reason why we wouldn't
> want to enable them by default all the time?

I can see two reasons not to have these changes compiled in all the

It's easier to convince oneself that committing the code won't cause
trouble with the ifdef, which is why I suggested that route to Joanne.

This adds a bit of code to GENERIC.  In general it seems good to be
able to exclude functionality one doesn't need.

Right now it's only the USRP I know of that can use the changes.  But
really anything that sends a lot of data over bulk endpoints to user
space would benefit.

    Greg Troxel <>