Subject: Re: ugen change for review (try 2)
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@astron.com>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/20/2006 15:39:11
--=-=-=

christos@astron.com (Christos Zoulas) writes:

> In article <44BFC17A.50307@3am-software.com>,
> Matt Thomas  <matt@3am-software.com> wrote:
>>Joanne M Mikkelson wrote:
>>> +struct usb_bulk_ra_wb_opt {
>>> +	int	ra_wb_buffer_size;
>>> +	int	ra_wb_request_size;
>>> +};
>>
>>These should be unsigned.
>
> Aside from that, the changes look fine. Is there a reason why we wouldn't
> want to enable them by default all the time?

I can see two reasons not to have these changes compiled in all the
time:

It's easier to convince oneself that committing the code won't cause
trouble with the ifdef, which is why I suggested that route to Joanne.

This adds a bit of code to GENERIC.  In general it seems good to be
able to exclude functionality one doesn't need.

Right now it's only the USRP I know of that can use the changes.  But
really anything that sends a lot of data over bulk endpoints to user
space would benefit.

=2D-=20
    Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>

--=-=-=