Subject: Re: i2c 10-bit addressing support
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/14/2006 10:31:17
On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 03:42:04PM -0700, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> This adds full addressing (10-bit) support to the i2c bitbang support in
> NetBSD.  I don't have any 10-bit devices, so I cannot test, but it
> doesn't seem to break 7-bit addressing at least:

My only minor concern is if we should be explicitly disallowing
the 10-bit address prefix.  Isn't that a legal address for 7-bit
systems, however unlikely it is that someone would use it?

If I'm wrong, just tell me.  :-)
If I'm right, it seems like there should be a diagnostic warning
message if someone tries to access a device at that address.  It's
not like the devices move around (at least not in any system I've
played with).

-allen

--
                  Use NetBSD!  http://www.NetBSD.org/