Subject: Re: file id alignment
To: None <martin@duskware.de>
From: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/12/2006 23:47:11
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 07:56:18AM +0900, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> > please make sure it doesn't change on-wire filehandle.
>
> I hope I got this right now.
>
> I guess there will be fallout from this change and we'll have to fix some
> things when they come up. This is a lot more intrusive now than the initial
> alignment problem I wanted to fix ;-)
>
>   ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/misc/martin/getfh.diff4.bz2
>
> Martin

- i think you need to check nfsrv_descript.nd_fh.
- why you leave VFS_MAXFIDSZ?
- why LC_MAXFIDSIZ is 64?  what's "LC"?
- i'm not sure ENOMEM is an appropriate error code for too big filehandles.
- is it ok to use c99 feature for an userland-exported header?
  (a flexible array member in struct fid)

YAMAMOTO Takashi